Sunday 2 February 2014

February is a 'Month of letters'! No.1

I found about this challenge from furrypig at chattycraftyartypig.blogspot.com :
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.                    
      Allowing for Sundays, that's 24 days in the UK.

    It's from Mary Robinette Kowal in the US. She says:
"Write love letters, thank yous, or simply notes to say that you miss an old friend. Send a fabric swatch from your new dress. A feather you picked up while on a walk. Whatever it is, let yourself step away from the urgency of modern life and think about an audience of one. Think of it as sending 23 little gifts. And, who knows, you might enjoy going to the mail box again."
 
I think this is such a fab idea! I love writing and receiving correspondence, but in these days of instantaneous emails and texts, I must admit to not writing as often as I would like. Also, it is a great excuse to use all the pretty stationery I have been hoarding. 
This is my first. I won't tell you who it is for, as that will spoil the surprise! A little gift for a special person who sent me some gorgeous gifts at Christmas, a lovely surprise for me!
 

 A little owl brooch for a jumper, jacket or bag
 



 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and great idea, I'm sure the letter will make the person who will receive it so so happy!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice my friend...I am always sending things through the post...just made up a bunch of sweet Valentines and off they will go all over the world...I love finding beautiful stamps. Hugs and oodles of love to you today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great :0) I do love this idea!
    Love & kisses
    Natasha & kids

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!