Friday 22 November 2013

22. Leaving on a jet plane

I have been lucky enough to visit five continents. I went to Hiroshima in 1982; my Daddy was working there and we went to visit him for Easter, cherry blossom time, and Sean and I wished in the New Millenium in Beijing. I explored central and eastern Europe by train in my twenties, Sean and I celebrated my 30th birthday in The Gambia, Sean's parents live in New York, so we have the chance to go to the Big Apple, and this summer I completed the set by going to see my sister and family in Sydney.
I don't like the environmental impact of flying. I admit to having done plenty in the past, thinking nothing of quick city breaks in Barcelona or Bologna, but these days I travel by rail or coach if I can (I don't drive). So, embarking on a long haul was a big thing for me, but I am so glad I did it. Mummie wouldn't have travelled on her own, so that was another reason to bite the bullet.


 A garah, he's pink!
 

Terrigal, central coast
 
 
 Featherdale
 


 
 Coming into the Harbour by boat from Parramatta
 
 
 The Three Sisters at the Blue Mountains
 
 
 The best bit - Pippa and Emerson's wedding at Sea Farm.
 

A wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

  1. INteresting post today! I've been on four continents: Asia, Europe, North and South America. Would love to get to Australia (and maybe Africa, too).
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ what a fine post! Thank you for this, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney looks beautiful. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go and what a lovely reason to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful time.... You have had a great time exploring the world so I am happy you finally made it over to us xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!