I had great fun seeking out this year's items for Rinda's Summer Scavenger Hunt. Luckily I went to some rather exotic locations on holiday, so had some fab photo opps.
1. Open air market. Beautiful blooms in Lower Marsh market, near Waterloo.
2. Theatre for performing arts (not a movie theatre). The amazing Sydney Opera House, from under the Harbour Bridge, on a river boat from Parramatta to the city.
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building. The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben taken from Westminster Bridge.
4. Aeroplane. I was hoping to show a Spitfire, but the Imperial War Museum is undergoing a refurb, so all the planes are on holiday somewhere else! Found this propaganda poster in the gallery.
5. A sunset. Just in time to catch this plane's vapour trail
6. Someone or something taking a nap. Milli taking 40 winks at Jo's afternoon tea party
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny. I think this is hilarious, but maybe not if you are the object of the magpie's swooping! Australian ones are clearly bolder than Europeans! They are like negatives, too - their colouring is the opposite from ours.
8. A tower. The Tower of London, the scene of grisly murders and hopeless imprisonments. Still used as a gaol until the early 1950s, when the infamous Kray twins were the last prisoners held there, for avoiding National Service of all things - not their gangster activities!
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong. Came across this on the ground, just crying out to be turned into keyring or something
10. A bench that is outside. Enjoying a picnic lunch at Featherdale Nature Reserve, on my birthday.
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve. Kylie the koala, at Featherdale
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic. The step up to Pippa's craft caravan, made by Pippa and Kenya.
15. A fire truck or police car. Outside Blacktown (near Sydney) Police station. The taxis look remarkably similar!
16. A windmill made from my Daiso origami paper. We used to love these as children!
17. Candle. Votives in St George's cathedral.
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop. The Green Café, a lovely place for a dainty cup of tea and a homemade cake!
19. A fisherman: A bit of a cheat, as the Thames in London isn't really a suitable habitat for fish!
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply. Making wire-looped jewellery.
Thanks, Rinda, for the challenge, I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to the next one, and also seeing what other readers snapped over the Summer.