Thursday 15 March 2012

George Gilbert Scott's masterpiece


How  wonderful is Liverpool Cathedral! The most amazing building, and so monolithic! Built on high ground overlooking the port,  the colour of the stone is so striking, really warm tones, and it's just so huge. All the congregation chairs were up near the altar, so the space as you enter was even more emphasised. We didn't have a great deal of time to look around, but long enough to know I need to come back again! 





We walked along Hope Street up to the Metropolitan Cathedral, but disappointingly found it closed. Still plenty to see on the outside though.






Next time I do hope it's sunny, so I can enjoy the stained glass windows.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!