Monday 21 November 2011

Jungle Meme

Mama Syder tagged me with this meme - I haven't done one on my blog before; so here goes, for a bit of fun!



The Mission:
1) Answer the 10 questions and consider the mission.
2) Tag a blogger or two or more to do the same
3) Come back to my original blog post and tell me you have done the questions and answers.
The questions are OK for those who watch the television programme and those that don’t.

1. What one thing about being a parent makes you scream “Get me out of here!”
Answer: Not a parent, but substitute the word "teacher" as we are in loco parentis at school:

Dinner duty in the dark and dingy basement dining room - how they can enjoy eating their lunch there I don't know! It's the worst half hour of the week!

2. What skills, if any, do you have that would be useful in the jungle?
Answer: Everything would come down to many years as a teacher: I'd get everyone singing to keep our spirits up, I'd encourage negotiation and good team work, reward those who do really well with gold stars, elect a new team leader every day in the spirit of democracy, and ask everyone to work on a presentation / performance for a Talent Show! Also, I don't mind spiders and bugs and I'm calm in  a crisis.



3. How are you likely to annoy people in your were stuck with them for 3 weeks?
Answer: Probably by being too cheerful and optimistic.

4. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
Answer: A Spam fritter many years ago that was just oozing oil when you bit into it. I was at a party and didn't know what it was. Being polite, I didn't spit it into a napkin, but kept eating it.

5. What luxury item would you take into the jungle with you?
Answer: knitting


6. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
Answer: Abseiling down a 100ft cliff in a howling gale and pouring rain was for me quite a daring thing to do.

7. Who would you miss most if you went into the jungle with a bunch of strangers?
Answer: Sean


8. What celebrity alive or dead would you like to have with you in the jungle?
Answer: Stephen Fry for his elegant wit and sparkling conversation, Oscar Wilde for the same reasons

9. What would scare you about being in the jungle?
Answer: The noises at night when you can't see. I don't sleep well at the best of times!

10. After leaving the jungle, you go to a luxury hotel. What would be the first thing you did on reaching your hotel?
Answer:  Hot bubble bath and a cup of Earl Grey.

11th mission should you choose to accept it is to tell us why the person who tagged you is a star. (For the uninitiated, stars play a big party in the television programme) 
Answer: I always enjoy reading Mama's blog and  hearing about her and her lovely family - I don't know how she finds the time to post daily. Being a girl who loves a bargain and her vintage, just like me, I know we'd get on really well if we met in the flesh!

Pippa - I tag you to have a go - I know you'll have great answers; and enjoy the fun. Any one else who passes by - you are more than welcome!



Wishing you lots of love, flowers and rainbows in this dreary weather - yes,  found these on the pavement too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Fab answers! Knitting is such a great luxury item, would def pass the time. And I'd never heard of spam fritters until I met my hubby...he loves them, I'm not too keen myself!

    Thanks for joining in, I really enjoyed reading your answers and I'm glad we have become blog friends...I think we would get on great too on the outside. Thanks for your lovely words about me, Really lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!