Sunday 9 October 2011

Performing at the O2



We had the fantastic opportunity of performing at the O2 Arena on Tuesday, for the Opening Ceremony of the World Skills event. 58 nations take it in turn to host, UK's turn this year. It was hard work, and lots of rehearsals since the beginning of term. Our 30 hand-picked singers joined a choir of 300, with another 300 singers and dancers, with an audience of 9000 delegates and representatives from all over the world. The Parade of Nations with all the delegates precessing with national flags was really moving. We sang a medley of songs from the four UK nations as an introduction to the evening.


I'll let Blessing (back row 2nd from R) sum it up: " It was so fantastic! The best thing I've ever done! I'll remember it for ever. I've got my T-shirt, wrist band, CD of songs, programme and ticket, photos and all the memories. Thankyou so much Miss for giving me the opportunity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!