Sunday 31 October 2010

Happy Hallowe'en!

Mini Harvest Festival; pumpkin, preserves and jam


In this season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, Sean brought home a lovely plump pumpkin from the farm. It became chutney, soup and risotto, and I needed to buy another for this year's Pumpkin Pie for Hallowe'en. I found a suitably large one and shared it with Mummie so she could make one too. Takes me right back to childhood. A beautiful marrow came from the farm, too and was similarly enjoyed as soup and stuffed with risotto.
Enjoyed the Day of the Dead celebration at Hackney City Farm today, where Sean and Ian were forging, demonstrating and teaching. Met up with Joanna, Matt and the girls, and had a lovely, albeit damp, afternoon.

 Hallowe'en Pumpkin Pie and the enormous marrow!


`











1 comment:

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!